- Strengthen the Chamber and community’s relationships and interaction with local military commands and the organizations that support and recognize the military.
- Advocate for and support the needs of our local military by identifying and acting on key issues to address locally, regulatory, and/or legislatively.
- Present, support, and promote community-wide events honoring military service, customs, traditions and excellence.
- Re-activate the visiting military ships program to, over the next three years, increase the number of ships visiting Miami and increase the community’s corresponding interest and support.
- Enhance the broader community’s understanding and support of the needs of our local veterans.
Hiring our Heroes, December 10
A workshop for veterans and other military job seekers that focuses on resume writing, tips for successfully navigating hiring fairs, military skill translation, and interviewing will start at 8:30 a.m. and a hiring fair immediately follows at 10:30 a.m. This University of Phoenix and HCA sponsored hiring event is being conducted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, the Department of Labor's Veterans' Employment and Training Service (DOL VETS), the Florida Committee of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), The American Legion, CareerSource Broward-Dade, NBC News, and other local partners. For registration questions, email [email protected] or call 202-463-5807.