Technology Leaders are individuals, organizations and companies that are leaders in the South Florida technology community. These leaders guide the effective use of technology to improve Miami business performance or to develop new markets or products, and they have made significant positive contributions to the South Florida technology community.
Eligible nominees include CEOs, entrepreneurs, scientists, CIOs, CTOs, senior vice presidents, vice presidents, IT directors and managers, companies and organizations, university students from a cross section of technology industries, as well as organizations that have developed a significant internal or external technology initiative.
Female Leader in Technology celebrates a technology-focused female who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and distinguished herself by working or supporting the technology field. Eligible nominees are owners of a business in the technology category, own a business that uses technology as a key strategic driver to create competitive advantage, or are a leader in the technology function.
Technology Entrepreneur of the Year honors an entrepreneurial professional whose business is technology focused. Eligible nominees are those who demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the South Florida community through the development of new technologies. Ideally, the nominees are founders or owners of a business in South Florida who successfully organized, developed, or managed a technology-based concept into a commercial product or service.
Best Use of Technology recognizes a company, organization or government entity that has used technology in a way that has led to increased productivity. Nominees should be those technologies that either reduce spending, work hours, or other proven efficiency.
Innovative Technology honors a company, organization or government entity that has developed a technology and application that stands out from existing solutions and addresses a problem in an innovative way. Nominees may be applications or programs that are already available for release.
Disruptive Technology recognizes an organization that has developed a disruptive innovation that has created a new market or value chain in an existing market. Nominees may be applications or programs that are already available for release.
- Best Use of Technology -- e-Builder, Inc.
- Disruptive Technology -- Entopsis
- Female Leader in Technology -- Margaret Brisbane, Miami-Dade County
- Most Innovative Technology -- Mobilehelp
- Social Entrepreneurship -- Launchcode
- Technology Entrepreneur of The Year -- Henry Fleches, United Data Technologies
- Best Use of Technology -- Ryder System, Inc.
- Most Influential Female Leader in Technology -- Mimi Taylor, Baptist Health South Florida
- Most Innovative Technology – Entic
- Best University Technology Start-up -- Herwig Konings
- Technology Entrepreneur of the Year -- Daniel Cane, Modernizing Medicine
- Technology International Impact -- MotionPoint Corporation
- Technology Project -- Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade & Monroe Counties
- Bioscience Company -- Biotest Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Technology Organization -- Refresh Miami
- Technology Entrepreneur -- Ricardo Villadiego, Easy Solutions
- Technology Executive -- Alberto Santalo, CareCloud
- Technology Company -- clearCi
- Technology Student – Jesse Domack, Florida International University
- Technology Project – Miami Children’s Hospital
- Bioscience Company – Bolton Medical, Inc.
- Technology Organization – South Florida Digital Alliance
- Technology Entrepreneur – Jonathan Liberman, iTopia
- Technology Executive – Juan Rodriguez, Advanced Processing & Imaging
- Technology Company – CareCloud
- Technology Student – Christina Zarrilli, Florida Atlantic University
- Technology Student Entrepreneur – Tyler McIntyre, University of Miami
- Technology Project – The Foram Group
- Bioscience Company – Bioheart Inc.
- Technology Organization – The Launch Pad at the University of Miami
- Technology Entrepreneur – Albert Santalo, CareCloud
- Technology Executive – Fernando Martinez
- Technology Company – MotionPoint Corp
- Technology Executive -- Juan Diego Calle, .CO Internet S.A.S.
- Technology Company -- Accelogic LLC
- Technology Entrepreneur -- Dr. Ronald DeMeo M.D., MBA, Radiation Shield Technologies
- Bioscience Company -- Beckman Coulter
- Top Technology Student -- Britnie Allen, Miami Dade College; and Jairo Pava, Florida International University
- Best Up and Coming Technology Innovator -- Albert Santalo, CareCloud
- Best Use of Technology -- Patricia Smith, Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe Inc.
- CIO/CTO -- Alejandro Romillo, Health Choice Network Inc.
- Technology Infrastructure and Resource Management -- Louis Noriega, Miami-Dade County Seaport Department
- Top Technology Student -- Fausto Fleites, Florida International University
- Best Up & Coming Technology Innovator - Silvia Yaniz, FarawayFriends.com
- Best Use of Technology - Bart Chernow, University of Miami
- CIO/CTO - Massoud Sedigh, World Fuel Services Corporation
- Technology Infrastructure & Resource Management - Pete Pizarro, eLandia Group
- Top Technology Student - Lisa Firestone, University of Miami
- Best Use of Technology -- South Florida Technology Alliance
- CIO/CTO -- Steven Berwick, Kaufman Rossin & Co.
- Technology Administrator in Education -- Linda Lecht, The Education Fund
- Technology Infrastructure & Resource Management -- Hugo G. Perez, DATACORP
- Technology Innovator -- Demian Bellumio, Hoodiny Entertainment Group
- Resource Utilization -- Dr. M. Lewis Temares, Vice President of Information Technology/CIO and Dean of the College of Engineering, University of Miami
- Infrastructure Management -- Mr. Marvin Wheeler, Chief Operations Officer, Terremark Worldwide, Inc. Mr. Wheeler