Beacon Council President, Michael Finney, has compiled a list of talking points to enlist our communities support in bringing Amazon’s HQ2 to the South Florida DMA. Below are some of the highlights which we can all share to create a groundswell of support from our community as the committee prepares the formal response to the next round of Amazon’s search.
What are the key messages for our community?
- Cohesive tri-county response – Proposal was submitted on behalf of the Miami Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) with data, sites, and narrative reflecting the assets of our region.
- Partnership and Coordination with Enterprise Florida – Partnered with Enterprise Florida as a State of Florida package (along with Jacksonville, Tampa and Orlando MSA’s). Our state, region, counties, and cities worked together for the Amazon RFP and the Miami MSA as a whole.
- Miami MSA is the community of the future – We are ready, willing and able to take advantage of global business opportunities with a skilled multi-lingual workforce, data connectivity, and transit access locally, regionally and internationally.
- Outstanding, qualified site options – The goal is to have Amazon visit Miami MSA to explore all the communities and site options in round 2.
- Focused on the Customer – Proposal directly answered the 9 RFP questions while addressing key decision drivers and the company’s stated core values and leadership principles.
What are the proposal highlights?
- Available Sites:
- Proposal directly answered the 9 RFP questions while addressing key decision drivers and the company’s stated core values and leadership principles.
- Competitive Incentives:
- From the state to the county to the municipality
- Talent: Diverse and talented workforce.
- Education: Pipeline for growth.
- Transit and Mobility: The Miami MSA is connected to the world and connected to each other.
- Quality of Life: When we’re not at work, we know how to enjoy life.
- Why Miami MSA: We have an open landscape that’s built for innovation, we embrace newcomers and new ideas.