DIRECTOR GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS
This position reports to the CEO and serves as the Chamber’s chief advocate and subject matter expert on policy and political issues affecting the business community of Greater Miami. In addition to direct advocacy responsibilities, the position also manages and oversees all initiatives and programs under Governmental Affairs Department and coordinates activities of the Governmental Affairs Committee.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Chamber’s substantive committees and leadership in the development and implementation of strategy for the support of the Chamber’s public policy agenda before the appropriate elected officials and/or government entities.
- Facilitate communications and meetings between committees/leadership and elected officials.
- Represent the Chamber in government meetings and act as liaison between government officials and Chamber staff/leadership.
- Develop relationships with key legislators, their staff, and regulators to effectively channel the goals and desires of the Chamber.
- Develop the Chamber’s annual legislative agendas which includes policy positions at the local, state, and federal levels and inform, educate and update our members on important issues through events, workshops, conferences and other sources as needed.
- Plan and execute the Tallahassee/Washington, D.C. Fly-Ins.
- Organize, track and administer local/state/federal activities, bills, amendments, and actions related to these positions.
- Develop the strategy and coordinate advocacy efforts necessary to achieve these positions.
Two to five years legislative experience
Demonstrated knowledge of understanding of public policy issues
Master’s or law degree preferred
Understanding of and experience working with PACs
Perform duties as required by President/CEO
From $55-$75,000 depending on level of experience
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected]