Orange Bowl Committee Welcomes New Members
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orange Bowl Committee
March 30, 2017
Miami Lakes, FL (www.orangebowl.org) – The Orange Bowl Committee officially welcomed 10 new Active Members for the 2017-18 year at the March Membership Meeting on March 13, 2017. With the additions, the Orange Bowl Committee now has 362 members.
The new class will play an integral role as the Orange Bowl will host the 84th Capital One Orange Bowl on Dec. 30, 2017, the 24th annual MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on Dec. 16, 2017, as well as numerous other sporting events and community activities throughout South Florida.
New Active Members
· Loranne Ausley, Member of the Florida House of Representatives; Attorney, Hollimon P.A.; CEO, Capital City Strategies – Loranne is a sixth generation Floridian, who was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 2016. She previously served in the House from 2000-2008. She has also served in the Federal Government with both the Department of Housing and Urban Development and Department of Commerce. She has served on the boards of numerous foundations and community organizations. She has been a triathlete for 15 years and has completed 11 marathons. Loranne received her Bachelor of Arts from Randolph-Macon Woman’s College and her J.D. from the Washington & Lee School of Law. She lives in Tallahassee with her husband, Bill. She has a son and a stepson.
· Anthony K.G. Barbar, President & CEO, Barbar & Associates, LLC – Anthony leads a family business developing real estate and consulting for multinational corporations and various government entities. Anthony grew up in Kingston, Jamaica, and moved to Boca Raton when he was 17. He is the chairman of the board of trustees of Florida Atlantic University, a past trustee of Palm Beach Atlantic University and chairman of the executive committee of the Boca Raton Bowl. He was named 2010 Distinguished Alumnus at FAU, Business Leader of the Year in 2013 by the Boca Raton Chamber and 2016 Father of the Year by the American Diabetes Association. A graduate of FAU, he and his wife Vicki live in Boca Raton. He has three sons.
· Christine M. Barney, APR, CEO, rbb Communications – Christine is CEO and managing partner of rbb Communications, an integrated communication firm with offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, New York, Chicago and Raleigh. She is one of only five percent of PR practitioners accredited by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Nationally, she served as board member of the Council of PR Firms. In South Florida, she served in various positions of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, rising to chair in 2015-16. In 2013 she won a South Florida Business Journal Ultimate CEO Award. Barney and her husband Robert Gill reside in Coral Gables. A graduate of Ithaca College, Christine has three children and has always made time to be an active participant in the communities in which her children are engaged.
· Richard S. Bernstein, CEO, Richard S. Bernstein Insurance Group – Richard has presided over the insurance firm he created for more than five decades. He is a founding member of the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches and the Palm Beach County Sports Commission and serves on the board or is a member of numerous Palm Beach Civic groups. He is a lifetime member of the Forum 400, for the 400 top insurance agents in the world and was awarded Ultimate CEO by the South Florida Business Journal in 2011. Richard received his B.A. from the University of Miami and was the first president of the Hurricane Club of Palm Beach County. Richard and his wife Robin reside in Palm Beach and are the parents of four grown children and two grandchildren.
· Jorge (Jock) Freeland, Managing Partner, Freeland Partners LLP – Jock runs a single person mergers and acquisitions law firm. A practicing attorney for 30 years, he was named 2012 Private Equity Lawyer of the Year by Chambers. He is the founder of Cruise for a Cause, which takes long term care patients from Miami Children’s Hospital for a day of boating, and founder of the Miami chapter of Gift of Adoption, which provides financial assistance to other families who wish to adopt children. Jock received his B.A from the University of Michigan and his J.D. from the University of Texas. He and his wife Allison have two children and reside in Coral Gables.
· Angel V. Gallinal, Partner, Egon Zehnder – Angel helped launch the Miami office and leads the global hospitality practice for Egon Zehnder, a consulting firm specializing in talent management advisory services and executive search worldwide. He previously worked at Southeast Bank, Disney Consumer Products and the NBA. He is an ex-officio member of the board of trustees at the University of Miami, and vice president of the executive committee of the Harvard Business School Alumni board. He also serves as a national board director and finance committee chair of Up2Us Sports, designed to help improve the lives of youth through sports. Angel received his AB and MBA from Harvard University. He and his wife Margarita have a daughter and reside in Pinecrest.
· Howard Greenberg, Principal, The Media Guy – Howard is the founder of The Media Guy, a media waste identification and media investment optimization company. He was publisher and CEO of the Sun-Sentinel from 2007-2016, which won a Pulitzer Prize Gold Medal under his leadership, as well as president, publisher and CEO of the Tribune Company’s Florida Media Group (Sun-Sentinel, Orlando Sentinel and WSFL-TV) from 2008-2014. He also held senior executive positions at the Miami Herald, Denver Post, New York Daily News and Newsday. He is a past chair of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, founding member of the Broward alliance CEO Council and member of the Broward Workshop. A graduate of the University of Miami, Howard and his wife Cindy have two grown children and five grandchildren and reside in Fort Lauderdale.
· Brady Quinn, Television and Radio broadcaster – Brady is currently a broadcast analyst for FOX Sports calling both college and NFL games. Additionally, he is a studio analyst for CBS Sports Interactive, and co-host of a weekly national radio show for FOX Sports
-- more --
Radio. He is also co-host of the “Blitz” for Sirius XM NFL Radio and both writes and does podcasts for footballbyfootball.com. A first round pick in the 2007 NFL draft, Brady had an eight-year career in the NFL. He is on the board of the autism and global delay foundation Hannah & Friends and co-chairman of 3rd & Goal, a non-profit committed to veterans home aid. Brady received his Bachelor’s from the University of Notre Dame. He and his wife Alicia, an Olympic silver medal-winning gymnast, reside in Fort Lauderdale with their daughter.
· Newton B. Sanon, President and CEO of the Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of South Florida, a community based workforce development organization. He is president of the national president’s council (43 centers) of OIC’s. He is also a member of the Beacon Council’s Urban Initiatives Committee. Newton was the 2013 JM Family African American Achievers honoree for community service. He was also an Honor of Hope Awardee, presented by the White House Office of Faith and Community Based Initiatives during the Bush administration. Newton was named by the U.S. Department of Commerce as one of 50 most powerful minority entrepreneurs, advocates and lifetime achievers. A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Stout, Newton and his wife Ebony reside in Sunrise.
· Scott A. Wagner, Partner, Moore & Co., P.A. – Scott is the head trial and litigation partner at his firm. Scott was named a Florida Rising Star in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine and on the Florida’s Trends list of Up and Coming Lawyers, both for the periods of 2009-2016. Scott has served in a variety of positions for the Greater Miami Jewish Federation including foundation board member and executive committee member. He previously served on the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce’s pillar board, and the Mt. Sinai Medical Centers founder. A graduate of Yale University with Honors & Distinction, while playing varsity football, Scott also graduated from the University of Miami School of Law. He, his wife Shoshanna and two daughters reside in Miami Beach.
About the Orange Bowl
The Orange Bowl is a 362-member, primarily-volunteer non-profit sports organization that promotes and serves the South Florida community. With its primary mission since being created in 1935 to bring tourism to South Florida through an annual football game and events, it has also maintained a legacy of charitable contributions and community outreach. Orange Bowl community outreach efforts are comprised of four pillars: youth sports, fundraising and community events, academic programs and scholarships, and legacy gifts. The Orange Bowl features a year-round schedule of events culminating with the Capital One Orange Bowl on December 30, 2017. For more information on the 2017-18 Orange Bowl events, including promotional and volunteer opportunities through the Ambassador Program presented by Panera Bread, log on to www.orangebowl.org. Follow Orange Bowl: @OrangeBowl, Facebook and Instagram.