Transportation & Infrastructure
Organize forums on topical transportation and infrastructure issues such as:
- Privatization of water and sewer
- Connecting our urban core neighborhoods to premium transit
- Impact of major projects such as FEC All Aboard Florida, Flagler development projects, I-395 redo
- Transportation & Innovation: round table on P3’s and alternative methods of delivering major projects as well as new things happening in private sector
Identify and support high priority and high impact infrastructure projects which enhance mobility and provide realistic and sustainable solutions for the efficient movement of people and goods:
- Select projects based on criteria that include the ability to improve economic productivity, international competitiveness, and quality of life as well as project viability
- Explore the potential and opportunities for a Florida Passenger Rail System
Explore alternative transportation and infrastructure funding solutions for support at the federal, state and local level.
Provide a leadership role for the “Keep It MOVN,” near term traffic congestion improvements initiative.
Create an aviation task force.
State's/Regions Current Activities Regarding Freight Planning/Corridors
Florida Department of Transportation District 6 Secretary, Gus Pego, P.E.
Florida Department of Transportation District 4 Development Manager, Jeff Weidner
Freight Planning at the Local Level
Miami-Dade MPO Transportation Systems Manager/Freight Transportation Advisory Committee Coordinator, Larry Foutz
Committee Meeting Agendas
NEW: FPL & Miami-Dade Water and Sewer: Issues and Plans, April 2009
Summary of Projects Recommended by the MPO for Funding through the Federal Stimulus Package, February 2009
Presentation made by Jose-Luis Mesa, Director of Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Miami Urbanized Area, to the Chamber's Transporation & Infrastructure Committee on February 23, 2009.
Miami-Dade County's Transit and Public Transportation Plans Post Transit Summit, February 2009
Presentation made by Ysela Llort, Miami-Dade County assistant manager, to the Chamber's Transporation & Infrastructure Committee on February 23, 2009.
Driving Improvements at Miami-Dade Transit, February 2009
Presentation made by Harpal Kapoor, Director of Miami-Dade Transit, to the Chamber's Transporation & Infrastructure Committee on February 23, 2009.