The HYPE Miami® Awards recognize Miami-Dade’s brightest young professionals – acknowledging innovation and outstanding achievement among young professionals that have made notable contributions in Miami.
The HYPE Miami® Awards were developed with the true young professional in mind. All applicants must be 35 years of age or younger, have lived or worked in South Florida for at least two consecutive years or attended a university or college in the state of Florida.
The Greater Miami Chamber strongly encourages the business community and its institutions to support their young professionals and celebrate their notable successes. As nominees, these young professionals give their respective organization an opportunity to showcase its brand and talent.
Entrepreneur Award recognizes young professionals who have succeeded at establishing and maintaining their own business. The business must be established for at least 12 months.
Go Getter Award recognizes young professionals who have exceeded the goals, benchmarks and other quantitative measures set forth by their company.
Difference Maker Award recognizes those young professionals who are dedicated to community service and who volunteer for a non-profit organization outside of their primary employment. The award will be presented to the individual who has made a real difference in South Florida.
Rookie of the Year will honor young professionals who have stood out during their first year on the job. This award is open to those who are within the first 12-15 months at their current employment.
Krystal Kunyue Zheng, ARVISL Future
Sabina Ramdas, NextEra Energy
David L. Jackson, Project T.H.U.G.
Rookie of the Year
Chris Moreno, Catalyst Miami
- Alexandra Esteve, CarBuckets (2019)
- Patricia Elizee, Esq., Elizee Law Firm, P.A. (2018)
- Richard Lamondin, Jr., EcoSystems (2017)
- Ethan Wall, The Social Media Law Firm (2016)
- Jon Hoffenberg, YellowTelescope (2015)
- Yamal Yidios Char, Ytech International (2014)
- Brett Warner, FreshStart(s) Behavioral Therapy (2013)
- Cesar Quintero, Fit2Go (2012)
- Jenna Arnold, Press Play Productions (2011)
- Brian Rechtman, BlueTree Marketing & Bid2Care (2010)
- Juan Diasgranados, Miami-Dade Corrections and Rehabilitation (2019)
- Aileen Alon, Opa-locka Community Development Corporation (2018)
- Diana Pubchara, Blanca Commercial Real Estate (2017)
- Mary Benevente, Professional Bank (2016)
- Jessica Eve Berrin, Baptist Health South Florida (2015)
- Ivette Cejas, Ph.D., University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2014)
- Grace Carricarte, Ganley Foundation (2013)
- Dr. Cecile Houry, Florida International University (2012)
- Anitere Flores, The Florida Senate (2011)
- Estrellita Sibila, Esq., Weiss Serota Helfman Pastoriza Cole and Boniske, LLP (2010)
- Natalia Martinez-Kalinina, CIC Miami (2019)
- Sonless Dorian Martin, Jr., Sant La Haitian Neighborhood Center (2018)
- Veronica Barducci, Whisenand & Turner (2017)
- Chi Chi Truong, US Green Building Council-South Florida (2016)
- Elisa J. D’Amico, K&L Gates (2015)
- Melissa Medina, Medina Family Foundation and The Technology Foundation of the Americas (2014)
- Keith “Fletch” Fletcher, uAspire Miami (2013)
- Jennifer D. Ellis, Hunton & Williams, LLP (2012)
- Merdochey LaFrance, The Florida Senate (2011)
- Michel Petit-Homme, Care Resource and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami (2010)
Rookie of the Year
- Nicole Acosta, MBAF (2019)
- Jorge E. Garrote PT, DPT, ACSM, LEP, OrthoNOW (2018)
- Andrea DeField, Hunton & Williams LLP (2017)
- Dr. Andrea Green, Children's Hearing Program, UHealth/University of Miami (2016)
- Kristen A. Corpion, Greenberg Traurig (2015)
- Alexander L. Hannett, All Florida Paper (2014)
- Justin Wusinich, Hyatt Regency Miami (2013)
- Mykaelle “Myka” Figueiredo, Florida International University (2012)
- Sharon Ellis, Howard Ecker & Company (2011)
- Eric F. Wenke, Baptist Health South Florida (2010)
Most Valuable Graduate (MVG)
- Ashley Everett, Florida International University (2018)
- Rebecca Leppert, Barry University (2017)
- Daniel E. Horton, Florida International University College of Law (2016)
- Rocio de la Grana, Florida International University (2015)
- Kari Morgenstein, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2014)
- Nahir Davila, Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (2013)
- Shira Kastan, University of Miami (2012)
- Kristina Rosales, Fullbright Award (2011)
- Arthur Meyer, Florida International University (2010)