The Chamber’s Real Estate Committee focuses on educating members of our community on the state of the real estate industry, supporting changes conducive to the improvement of housing, and connecting real estate industry professionals and leaders to collaborate on innovative ideas that will benefit South Florida.
Increase Real Estate Summit attendance (registrations), sponsorship, and total revenue by at least 5 percent.
- Work with the committee and task force to refine award categories to ensure current leaders and achievers in our industry are honored
- Increase media partnerships to drive attendance, participation and awareness
- Revise format for the summit program to provide greater efficiency, visibility and engagement
Add value to committee members, real estate organizations, and local communities by scheduling committee meetings by scheduling committee meetings at local venues throughout the Greater Miami Area:
- Hold a minimum of one committee at-large meeting per quarter, with at least one of these meetings being jointly held with Transportation Committee and New World Committee. These meeting dates will be pre-set prior to the first at large committee meeting.
- Focus content on current and relevant topics that will highlight relevant development news, industry news, and the needs of real estate industry stakeholders.
Drive brand awareness of the Real Estate Committee and the Greater Miami Chamber through collaboration with local news, social media outlets, and real estate organizations to improve programming and promote increased visibility in South Florida:
- Secure at minimum 3 outreach partners for each scheduled real estate event
- Have at least 3 articles published on the real estate committee through media outlets
- Integrate technology at all events through use of twitter hashtags and photo sharing on social media outlets
Create the Roles of Regulation in Real Estate Task Force
- Collaborate with local agencies to create awareness and address legislative issues that would impact the local real estate community
Cocktails to Closings Task Force
Chair: Diana Pubchara, Blanca Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Developer Roundtable Task Force
Co-chair: Cristina Ortiz, Law Offices of Cristina Ortiz
Co-chair: Doug Skoke, Marsh & McClennan Agency
Co-chair: Frank Zepeda, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Real Estate Summit featuring the R.E.A.L. Awards Task Force
Co-chair: Arthur “AJ” Meyer, ANF Group
Co-chair: Alex Rhodes, Grant Thornton
Additional Committee Programming
Real Estate Summit
Experts in each segment of the industry focus the discussion on current conditions and future trends in the residential, commercial and industrial markets in South Florida with a market update and economic forecast and on a national and international scale. The conference concludes with the annual South Florida R.E.A.L. Awards luncheon.