If there is a program that has helped shape the future leadership of our community, Leadership Miami® would be it. The volume of individuals who over the program’s four decades have impacted South Florida is nothing short of staggering. Leadership Miami® is a definitive pipeline to leadership and an almost sure path to career success.
To prepare Miami’s future leaders to succeed in their professional spaces, by cultivating civic engagement, learning to identify and address vital issues affecting Miami-Dade County now and in the future, and establishing a long-lasting network of professional relationships to ensure future collaborations among leaders in Miami-Dade and beyond.
- Ensure that the next generation professionals are well-prepared to handle the issues they will face and feel a sense of empowerment through access to
- community leaders and programs they have established
- Ensure that participants have a first-hand understanding of community issues and challenges, and facilitate
- opportunities to help them be part of solutions
- Further the pipeline of future community leaders
- Create a mechanism that encourages Leadership Miami® alumni involvement with the Greater Miami Chamber
Participation in the Leadership Miami® Committee is open ONLY to alumni of Leadership Miami®. Members include young professionals and like-minded individuals looking to make a difference in our community.
The Leadership Miami® Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Leadership Miami® Committee, its task forces and execution of the annual Leadership Miami® program as aligned with the Committee’s mission and
Read the committee's 2019 - 2020 goals here.