2021 South Florida Economic Summit: REVIVE 305
We proudly presented the 10th Annual South Florida Economic Summit: REVIVE 305, a two-day virtual program on the economic landscape of our city, presented by Fiserv.
Why Miami? The Capital of Capital with...
Part 1 of the program started off with a panel discussion on “Why Miami? The Capital of Capital,” moderated by Tom Hudson, Vice President of News and Special Correspondent, WLRN 91.3 FM, featuring newly established and veteran companies in the Greater Miami region. We heard from the following speakers:
• (33:36) Gary M. Carman, Shareholder, GrayRobinson, P.A., discussed the progressive changes in local community leadership that share an interest in what’s needed for Miami
• (38:22) Zach Dexter, CEO & Co-founder, LedgerX, shared about his company’s local experiences in trying something new within the frontier of finance to grow the business
• (39:56) Danet Linares, Executive Vice Chairman of Blanca Commercial Real Estate, Inc., stated what is distinct about Miami compared to other markets in the nation
• (47:50) Josh Schertzer, CTO of Enterprise Technology, Blackstone Group, provided the key considerations taken for returning to their Downtown Miami office location
Fireside Chat ESG Investing: Supporting Social Causes with Your Investment Dollars with...
The first day continued with a Fireside Chat on ESG Investing: Supporting Social Causes with Your Investment Dollars between Jay Pelham, President, Kaufman Rossin Wealth, GMCC Economic Task Force Chair, and Sam Adams, CEO & Co-Founder, Vert Asset Management. Key discussion points included:
• (1:05:40) What is Environmental Social Governance investing?
• (1:12:27) The data behind the relatively 15-year old ESG investing
• (1:21:29) How companies are looking at making investment capital as part of the solution
The Art of Business: A One-on-One Conversation with Britto
• Katie S. Phang, Legal Contributor, MSNBC Interviewing Romero Britto
Part 1 concluded with world-renowned artist, Romero Britto at the (1:30:42) mark, giving us an inside look at his Britto Palace and how his artistic brand really began to take off. "Imagine nobody knows you and a brand (like) Absolut Vodka (that invests) in promoting their brand and has a history of connection with the arts," described Britto about Michel Roux's vision in Britto's art connecting with people and his art becoming ads for the brand.
Part 2 of the program featured the following panel discussions:
GMCC Members’ Corporate Impact On Community with…
REVIVE 305 featured a panel on Fiserv's partnership with the Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium on their corporate impact on the community. The panel discussion focused on Fiserv's initiatives to give back to the community and small businesses in Greater Miami with:
• (7:30) S. Shane Caldwell III, Vice President, Business Development & Strategy, Fiserv spoke on consumers expectations on financial technology and Fiserv's role
• (16:15) Jason Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs, Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium and Neil H. Wilcox, Executive Vice President and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Fiserv discussed the impact individual businesses have had on Miami's Culture
• (22:06) Leslie Nixon, Senior Director, Community Affairs, Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium presented the Dolphin's Food Relief initiative to support minority-owned businesses
• (34:50) Leslie Pearce, Senior Vice President, SMB Inside Sales, Fiserv shared about the "Back to Business" initiative in six markets to enable these communities to pay it forward
Renew305 – The County’s New Economic Development Initiative with…
The following panel provided an overview of the Renew305 – The County’s New Economic Development Initiative at the (1:34:36) mark. Mayor Daniella Levine Cava joined us and provided an overview of how the county is leading to renew the economy – "Reviving the economy, Exploring tourism and safely reopening the cruise industry, Networking among existing businesses and the news ones being attracted, Economic partnerships to strengthen small business development, and Workforce is the key for our local (talent) to be competitive." We also heard from Dr. Susan Amat, CEO/Founder, Venture Hive and Executive Director, GEN Accelerates, VP for Education, Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), SoftBank Group International's Operating Group Director, Laura Gaviria Halaby, and Madeline Pumariega, President, Miami Dade College.
The Entertainment Business with Mr. 305 “Pitbull”
• Lisa Petrillo, Entertainment and Lifestyle Reporter, WFOR, CBS4, Interviewing Armando Christian Pérez (“Pitbull”)
At (1:55:48), the 10th Annual Economic Summit ended with Armando Christian Pérez a.k.a “Pitbull” as he gave tribute to growing up in Miami and how it shaped him to be the entrepreneur and entertainer he is today. He expressed how a friend asked him, "What's the biggest room in the world? Room for improvement," and how applying yourself to become better, you can help others.
Program Bronze Sponsors - Florida Power & Light Company, GrayRobinson, P.A., Iberiabank | First Horizon, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, Kaufman Rossin, Ocean Bank, Sandy O'Neil, Waterford Business District and Wells Fargo.