Henry Ford once said that “anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty,” and our Education & Workforce Development Committee couldn’t agree more. There is simply no success without ongoing education. We need to continuously provide options for education and/or workforce development. In an emerging community like Miami-Dade, one with a significant population of first- and second-generation immigrants, there is no faster path to success. Additionally, as technological disruption continues to alter the work-world landscape, it is essential to understand and prepare to meet the needs of the emerging job market.
The Education & Workforce Committee supports high quality education for all. This includes development of talent and retention of talent in South Florida. The Committee seeks to build relationships with professionals and businesses in order to advocate, and seek funding for education causes, as well as seeking to implement these causes to benefit the economic development of our ever-evolving community.
- Establish the committee and establish the Education & Workforce Development Committee as the one voice for education and workforce development in Greater Miami
- Develop and approve education focused legislative priorities for Chamber advocacy at the local, state and federal levels.
- Establish spaces and partnerships in which Chamber members can interact and develop talent
- Raise awareness and advocate for digital literacy in Miami-Dade County and establish its importance for the growth of our region
- Expand scholarship and internship opportunities for students and employers by raising funds through the South Florida Progress Foundation.
Participation in the Education & Workforce Committee is open to all Greater Miami Chamber members who have interests or concerns in this arena. Members include a broad range of professionals, educators and those passionate about this crucial area of engagement.
The Education & Workforce Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Education & Workforce Committee and ensuring its goals and activities are aligned with the committee’s mission and objectives.