Greater Miami & The Beaches is a coastal community that is a burgeoning hub for trade, logistics, health care, life sciences, international banking, finance and creative industries. However, our community also faces a number of shocks and stressors such as hurricanes, aging infrastructure, sea-level rise, sunny day flooding, gridlocked traffic, and serious economic inequalities.
The Resilience Committee looks to engage and impact key governmental and private sector stakeholders to advance solutions and actions protecting our natural resources and supporting the Resilient 305 Strategy – 100 Resilient Cities initiative. The Committee acts on multiple fronts and partners with other Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce committees to address these challenges.
- Enhance collaboration between business leaders, government, the not-for-profit sector and academia to enable our community to bounce back quicker from the inevitable stressors it faces
- Support protection and investment in resilient gray, green, and blue built infrastructure, both existing and future
- Undertake viable ways and promote business opportunities that mitigate the impact of climate change on the future of the region
- Promote efforts to improve water quality, prevent salt water intrusion, and protect our fresh water supply
- Support the restoration of the Biscayne Bay Ecosystem and Coral Reefs
Participation in the Resilience Committee is open to all Greater Miami Chamber members who have interests or concerns in this arena. Committee members include a broad range of professionals including real estate professionals, urban-based businesses, schools, incubators, City and County officials, along with non-governmental organizations.
The Resilience Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Committee and ensuring its goals and activities are aligned with the committee’s mission and objectives.
Read the committee's 2019 - 2020 goals here.