Be a resource to members on the top issues facing our community, including: access to healthcare, wellness, caregiving, post-acute/long term care, senior health issues and the impact/cost of mental health and substance abuse:
· Feature presentations at quarterly committee meetings to bolster attendance and added value of membership. Possible topics include:
- Summary of 2016 Florida Legislature; telehealth
- Developing a resource guide for businesses seeking to assist their employees in finding selective healthcare items and services
- Meeting with the GMCVB in order to explore ways to encourage medical-related conferences to look to Miami-Dade as a venue
- Organize three educational seminars that address timely industry topics devoted to critical healthcare issues and their impact on South Florida businesses. Possible topics include:
- ACA Update; collaboration with Human Resources Committee
- Dealing with mental health and related issues that have an impact in the workplace; removing the stigma of seeking assistance and encouraging employers to provide appropriate assistance; collaboration with Human Resources Committee.
- Access to healthcare services; knowing where to find services and transportation; collaboration with Transportation Committee.
Work with the Chamber’s Legislative Affairs Liaison and Governmental Affairs Committee to advocate for the issues important to the healthcare industry:
· Engage committee representatives to participate in the Tallahassee and Washington, D.C. Fly-ins
Showcase the extraordinary efforts of our community’s individuals, institutions and programs that have made an impact beyond the scope of their jobs in the South Florida Healthcare community through the Health Care Heroes® Awards program:
· Convene task force to plan 20th anniversary celebration