The Chamber’s Sports Committee works to attract sports organizations and individuals to become a part of the South Florida community and build an environment in which they can flourish. The committee accomplishes this by building relationships with key individuals of sporting organizations, creating positive marketing opportunities through coordination of events, and working with community members to push forward sports initiatives that will positively impact economic development.
Increase net profit and attendance across all Sports Committee events.
- Hall of Champions: Increase attendance of individuals to 250 through committee member marketing efforts and outreach partners. Increase Net profit to $25,000 through said attendance increase efforts and personalized sponsorship requests
- Member Exclusive Events: Increase net profit to $15,000 by coordinating 3-4 member exclusive events by June 30, 2018
Increase professional South Florida sports team’s participation in committee meetings.
- Meet on the second Thursday every other month at sporting locations to better ensure availability and participation
- Reach out with personal invitations to a minimum of 25 key stakeholders in major professional sports
Request funds from the County Commission to increase the business of Amateur Sports
- Attract two new amateur sporting events to South Florida
Collaborate with professional sports to assist in moving forward their goals.
- Beckham United: formally proclaim support of the establishment of an MLS Franchise in Miami, invite participation in the HOC, and assist in early season ticket sales where necessary
- Miami Open: support improvements of Crandon Park in order to better ensure the Miami Open staying in South Florida
- Golf events in Miami: provide assistance in tracking potential title sponsors