The Nonprofit Business Committee engages the nonprofit sector within the Chamber. Linking nonprofit businesses with the broader business community, the committee assists nonprofit businesses with issues management, recognizes nonprofit business management excellence through its NOVO Awards program, develops strategic partnerships with the business community for their mutual benefit, and communicates nonprofit business accomplishments to the broader business community.
- Continue to spotlight innovative excellence in nonprofit programs as well as for-profit corporate citizenship by enhancing the profile of the NOVO awards and its recipients as well as the program and the partnership with the Association of Fund Raising Professionals regarding the Julia Tuttle Award and Annual National Philanthropy Day.
- Explore developing a community-wide Board training and Board match process.
- Host educational workshops and networking events on topics relevant to both the nonprofit and private sectors such as Corporate Social Responsibility, Technology 101’s and others that enhance the nonprofit business community.
- Explore possibilities of Chamber Volunteer Day and creation of community calendar for nonprofit trainings.
- Build stronger engagement strategy to ensure that nonprofit members remain Chamber members