The Nonprofit Business Committee engages the nonprofit sector within the Chamber linking nonprofit businesses with the broader business community. The Committee assists nonprofit businesses with issues management, recognizes nonprofit business management excellence through its NOVO Awards program, recognizes corporate social responsibility through its Julia Tuttle Award, develops strategic partnerships with the business community for their mutual benefit, and communicates nonprofit business accomplishments to the broader business community.
Continue to spotlight innovative excellence in nonprofit programs as well as for-profit corporate citizenship by enhancing the profile of the NOVO Awards and its recipients as well as the program and the partnership with the Association of Fund Raising Professionals regarding the Julia Tuttle Award and Annual National Philanthropy Day.
- Enhance Corporate Social Responsibility among Chamber members
- Grow and improve nonprofit board development and board placement
Support the County’s efforts to build the nonprofit training calendar and comprehensive capacity building initiative.
- Incorporate values of Connect Miami into the work of the Committee and the Chamber
Measures of Success:
- Foster greater attendance at both luncheons(Julia Tuttle in November and NOVO Awards in May), greater and more variety of applicants for awards and more finalists and winners engaging with the planning of the events, becoming Chamber members and engaging with the work of the Committee.
- Conduct successful ROI of Community Engagement Part II event and CSR Training in April
- Finalize the technology necessary to have an online board match process, confirm an organization to manage the process and develop a plan for board training possibly in collaboration with Leadership Miami and SEO by October
- Finalize the online nonprofit training calendar and advertise among nonprofit Chamber members and determine the Chamber’s role in the capacity building efforts in the First Quarter
- Increase Chamber member knowledge of Connect Miami in May and incorporate into those existing events that are aligned
- Explore a collaboration with PRSA with GMCC nonprofits asking who might be interested in a year-long PR campaign by December