Create state and federal legislative advocacy agenda and leverage business leaders to address educational funding challenges, inequities, teacher shortage, and the importance of early childhood education.
- Hold one to two chamber tours (October) of educational institutions and programs with business representatives and elected officials; each tour to visit a few educational sites
- Develop and approve legislative agendas and actively advocate for priorities through Chamber visits and other activities
Expand internship and scholarship opportunities for employers and students.
- Raise at least $7,500 in funds for three or more student scholarships through the South Florida Progress Foundation by April, 2018
- Assess use of the Talent Development Network and/or other internship matching systems among Chamber members to develop promotion strategy
Host a follow-up Career Pathways Fair/Workshop in which participants learn how to establish effective career pathways and how to decrease turnover among millennial employees.
Research existing models of integrated databases for students in support services system to better track and serve them.
- The report and recommendations produced from research will be conducted by May 2018
Legislative Task Force
Chair: Iraida Mendez-Cartaya, Miami-Dade County Public Schools