The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Excellence in HR Awards honor Miami Human Resources Professionals and Teams who are responsible for leading People Strategy, Change Management, Talent Management, Diversity and Organizational Design Initiatives that drive value for their companies/organizations.
The awards are open to all full-time Human Resources Professionals and Teams in the tri-county area; and will recognize individuals and teams that have made significant contributions to their organization over the past year through leadership, organizational design and effectiveness and/or change management in alignment with the strategic direction of their organization.
HR Executive of the Year recognizes an HR executive (VP or CHRO) who has demonstrated extraordinary and visionary leadership in enhancing an organization’s strategic plan as it pertains to human capital.
HR Leader of the Year recognizes an HR professional (Manager, Generalist or HRBP) who has positively affected their organization by enhancing its effectiveness, efficiency, performance, cost management or profitability in order to address a critical business issue, challenge or opportunity.
Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility recognizes an organization that has embedded corporate social responsibility throughout the company, in particular through its people. Entrants should demonstrate the role HR has played in the strategy and execution of CSR initiatives through measurable results.
Best Health & Wellness Program recognizes an organization that provides the most compelling evidence that their strategy for health and well-being in the workplace not only works but has also created a clear and measureable return on investment.
Best HR Strategic Impact recognizes HR teams for implementing innovative practices in the areas of talent acquisition, development, retention, engagement, rewards, recognition, and/or organizational culture in collaboration with functional areas to positively shape the organization. Nominees should demonstrate their value to the organization by providing metrics, case studies, or any other information linking strategic HR practices to organizational success.
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility in HR: Starboard Cruise Services
- Best Talent Management Strategy: Department of Health – Broward
- Best Health & Wellbeing Program: Kaufman Rossin
- HR Innovator of the Year: Kristofer Cooper, MorseLife, Inc.
- HR Leader of the Year: Trish Turner, Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe
- HR Executive of the Year: Patricia “Trish” Brennan, Vice President of Human Resources, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
- Executive Leadership Excellence: Adriene McCoy, Baptist Health South Florida
- HR Leader of the Year: Yuni Navarro, Ocean Bank
- HR Aspiring Leader: Elizabeth Garcia, Arise Virtual Solutions
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- Health & Wellbeing: Baptist Health South Florida
- Best Talent Management Strategy: NCCI Holdings
- International Impact: World Fuel Services
- Most Successful Change Management Strategy: Florida International University Division of Human Resources
- Executive Leadership Excellence: Tedd Trabert, Health Choice Network, Inc.
- HR Leader of the Year: Johana Bohorquez, PHR, GHCS, MBA, Arise Virtual Solutions
- HR Aspiring Leader: James Glenos, MorseLife
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Health & Well-Being: UnitedHealth Group
- Best Talent Management Strategy: MorseLife
- Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy: Solstice Benefits
- Most Innovative Use of Technology: Florida International University, Division of Human Resources
- HR Leadership Excellence: Iliana Castillo-Frick, Miami Dade College
- HR Director of the Year: Odalys Martinez, Hilton Miami Airport
- HR Aspiring Leader: Johana Bohorquez, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Wells Fargo
- Health & Well-Being:Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Best Talent Management Strategy: Florida International University, Division of Human Resources
- Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy: Baptist Health South Florida
- Champions of HR Honorees:
- Maria R. Del Busto, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Corey B. Heller, Baptist Health South Florida
- Kal Mistry, VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Nerissa E. Morris, University of Miami